My Blog List

My Blog List

Friday, October 18, 2013

Dwayne Wade Father First Journal #2

I got bored with the Prey book so I switched over to what I love. Sports is my passion and I'm currently reading the book A Father first Dwayne Wade. Dwayne Wade is a famous basketball player who plays for the Miami Heat. The Heat are nationals champions for two years straight and don't look like their slowing down. The fame of professional basketball players over look how they care and tend for their families. That is why I love this book because it shows how Wade is dedicated to his family first with his busy schedule. Dwayne grew up in a poor background and with his parents divorced. Dwayne Wade Senior lived separately from Dwayne and his sister. Their mother abused cocaine so growing up he never had a parent figure to look up too. The book is very inspirational because he beat all the odds and became one of the greatest basketball players in history. He also made a promise to himself that he would never let his own kids grow up as he did. After a long custody battle with his ex wife. The children are under his care and he plans to take the best for them. The children are growing up well and they will always be his first priority. He is an inspiration to my life because his hard works proved that a person can make it somewhere if they are determined. He fought and fought for his kids rights and finally overcame the battle. Dwayne Wade is a person who never gives up or stops fighting for what he believes in. That is whatever it is off or on the court. He is the type of person that never looked back on his past and only had one gear to go forward. People are not built like that these days and dwell on the past for many years and even decades. He is one of the most respected athletes in the professional world and he one of my favorites. He gets a lot of criticism for his on the court play, but you cant critique how hard he works. People are saying his prime is over and he is getting old. The knees on him are bad, achy, and not looking any better. He shut up all the critiques in the championship game right after he found his kids. He had 24 points and 7 rebounds which is very good for basketball. I will always remember that moment and probably talk about it around my grandchildren when Im older. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment