My Blog List

My Blog List

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Prey Beginning Journal #1

I have been reading the Prey and its a very interesting, mysterious book. It starts out with cheating between a married couple which I already captures my interest. The wife comes home with clothes she normally doesn't where to work and her "sexy boots". The husband seems suspicious, but does not say anything because his wife had a long day. The wife is working on a project at work that can make a huge cultural impact very quickly. She seems to be sharing her ideas openly to her husband. She usually does not share her ideas so the husband gains more suspicion of her change. The book gets really technical of what her plans are and how everything goes wrong. I started to loose interest when the nanorobot start to take over the world. I love action books, but this is not the kind of action I was looking for. I am more of a war guy or a dangerous assassin on a mission to kill people on his/her hit list. The Prey would be a good book for a person who is into science. A science geek would be very interested into this story line because it portray how a wrong experiment could take over the world. For example, in the book Frankenstein, the scientist creates a  living person that went terribly wrong. It turned out to be a monster and ruin his life. The wife control unit spiraled out of control and damaged the whole society as a result. To be honest, I stopped liking the book after a while and put it down, but I'm going to pick it back up and see if the action starts to pick up a little bit. I like explicit action that is constant throughout the novel. I would like for it to have some comic relief, but the more action the  better. The movie that recently came out Olympus Has Fallen is a perfect example of what I like. It is a story about the White House getting taken over by the Koreans and they hold the President in hostage. It was a very gruesome story, but I personally think that is better. The Prey was soft in my opinion and didn't have the guns or fights that make up a good action book. The beginning of it was excellent. It caught my attention right of the bat and I was intrigued. Unfortunately, it just keep going into detail and detail about the new technology they are discovering and lost my interest. I wouldn't advise a teenage reader to read this book unless they are into science taking over the world. I am going to keep reading this book, but for now, I am going to move away from it.

1 comment:

  1. maybe you would like the Jack Ryan stories. I think the Hunt for red October is first and then Patriot Games--I liked the action in the second one better. Detective mystery action: Devil in a Blue Dress by Walter Mosely

    ReplyDelete