My Blog List

My Blog List

Thursday, March 27, 2014

The Road

I recently started reading the book The Road by Cormac McCarthy. At first, the book caught my interest because it is about the post-apocalypse. I like to read about apocalyptic theories and ideas because one day it may actually happen. It reminds me of the movie Terminator, which is one of my favorite movies, so I decided to read it. The Road is about a father and a son trying to survive the post-apocalyptic time period. The love between the father and son made the story better to me, but also made my anxiety go through the roof because I felt more sympathetic for the characters and wanted to know the outcome of their story. While the book is pulling on my emotions, it also catches my interest with all of the gore and action that is taking place.  The hopelessness of the characters is encouraging me to read on. I always think about what will happen if an apocalypse were to take over earth, and this book is an answer to many of my theoretical questions. I am excited to see the outcomes of the characters, and all of the adventure that will hopefully take place throughout the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment